SOCIETY, COMMERCIAL, NOT-FOR-PROFIT
Evaluate your journals against the market and your competition
Set your publishing strategy based on Open Access trends in your discipline
Assess the impact of funder mandates on your portfolio (including Plan S)
Use reliable and accurate data to support your publishing decisions
LIBRARIES, CONSORTIA, FUNDERS
Evaluate your Collection using data on Open Access uptake and trends
Create negotiating strategies based on market developments
Assess and manage APC allocation and budget
Maintain or assess compliance with current policies and mandates
Track market trends and developments; Identify strategic opportunities
Enhance your offerings and increase your value to your clients
Participate in growing the data set by providing new data sources
Conduct and publish your own analyses based on the OA DAT
OA Data & Analytics Tool
All organizations need to make data-driven decisions. Best practice includes defining strategy, monitoring its progress, and adjusting trajectory proactively, leveraging the best data. Still, several challenges exist including varying reliability of data sets, insufficient analysis tools, and lack of internal bandwidth or competencies. These hurdles can make it difficult to structure data analysis into actionable insights.
The Delta Think Open Access Data & Analytics Tool (OA DAT) addresses those needs and provides organizations with the insights necessary to make continual, intelligent, data-driven decisions about Open Access.
- The OA DAT gives you the independent overview of Open Access uptake, pricing, and value you need to develop your strategy and support your actions.
- With expert commentary and highly visual presentation of market trends, the OA DAT allows publishers, institutions, researchers, funders, and other scholarly communications stakeholders to make informed choices about Open Access and to clearly communicate market behavior.
- By combining, organizing, and updating disparate data sets which have been historically difficult to use together, OA DAT provides collated, curated, and normalized data and analysis, from an unbiased and objective viewpoint.
- Adding anonymized survey data of publishers’ actual activities to normalized market data allows for a thorough analysis of the total market and your position in it.
The Delta Think Open Access Data & Analytics Tool provides you with the data and insights you need to make continual, intelligent, data-driven decisions about Open Access. Contact us for more information today!
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
- Includes up-to-date APC data from over 14,000 journals
- Carry out competitive reviews around the key area of pricing.
- Benchmark prices against those of other publishers to help set your own prices and advise publishing partners.
- At-a-glance visualisation of typical max and min prices. See how your pricing sits amongst common price bands.
- See patterns within Hybrid and Fully Open Access journals.
- Understand the relationship between Price, Journal Impact and Business Models.
- See how this data varies across 300+ Subject Areas, and by publishers’ Geography.
Market Sizing and Dynamics
- Set business decisions in the context of overall trends and environmental drivers.
- Undertake predictive analysis based on underlying trends.
- Estimate overall market size and watch it grow over time.
- See the effects of currency fluctuations on typical publishing growth rates.
- Quantify the number of and growth in Fully OA Journals and Articles.
- See typical Hybrid OA output and compare it against what other publishers are seeing. Includes overall benchmarks for this key area of OA output, even in the absence of industry-wide tracking.
- See the proportions of OA Journals and Articles broken down by over 300 Subjects.
- See the proportions of OA Journals and Articles broken down by Publisher Geography.
- Analyze Publishers’ shares of output, and take a view on the consolidation of the market.
Mandates and Licenses
- Compare publisher and funder policies and mandates to facilitate compliance analysis.
- Round-up of licenses in use and by whom.
(and their more selective cousins, which we term Large Multidisciplinary Journal or LMDJs)
- Gauge the effects of this key driver of the market.
- See trends in growth of larger and smaller Megajournals to guide your decision-making.
- Throughout the Tool, Megajournals can be filtered out of relevant analyses so their effects on underlying trends can be determined.
- Understand the relationship between pricing and impact.
- Carry out directional strategic analysis and benchmark your organization’s policies.
- Convenient, neutral summaries of the many definitions and nuances around different types of Open Access.
- Information and examples on discounting and offsetting policies.
- At-a-glance trends in fundamental market drivers.
- Macro trends in funding by Geography.
- Macro trends in funding by major Subject Area.
Other Topics available through the OA Data & Analytics Tool include –
- Open Access Books, including Market Sizing, Business Models, Initiatives, and Licensing Information
- Repositories, providing insights about Pre-Print Servers, Repositories, and Archives
- Self-Directed Research, a collated collection of Databases, Websites, and other Resources to help you understand and evaluate OA activities and the OA landscape
- OA Toolkits, giving you step-by-step checklists to help you with your Open Access Implementation
TRY IT OUT!
For subscribers preferring to interact with our OA Data directly, data visualizations are embedded in-context, within the textual analysis, providing simple, on-demand access to the most updated information on the continually evolving market.
For example, customizable filters, shown below, allow you to ‘slice and dice’ the data to fit your specific needs, as in the chart below.